Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

S***, Mary, it's the potatoes!

Tuesday, October 19
Basically, I can’t foresee a future that solely consists of wiping snot from other peoples’ kids’ noses and sending them to time out when they can’t behave.  Don’t get me wrong. I love children, really really love them.  I’d just like to be able to support some of my own in the near future.  And, well, I just can't seem to commit to a college major (but I AM trying!)


In comes the title, which happens to be what I named my new online shop.  It's something my mother and I used to say to each other when things weren't going quite right.  




Where did it come from?  



Well, my mom was on a walk in the neighborhood and overheard some hoity toity caterers having an incident with  the chafing dish of potatoes au gratin right before serving time.  Needless to say, she heard,"S***, MARY, IT'S THE POTATOES!!"  For some reason, this tickled us to no end, and stuck with us as an "in joke".

I have decided to plunge in feet first and try out entrepreneurship.  I have started my own online shop on Etsy.com. It’s pretty exciting…if only someone would buy something!

Anyway, I named my shop this because I decided to take that saying and give it a backbone of determination that things will work out.  So what if 'It's The Potatoes!'?  I'm sure there are lots of healthful minerals in dirt and gravel...

0 comments to S***, Mary, it's the potatoes!:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments, questions, and suggestions- or share a random life story! Feedback is welcome and appreciated!